PlayStation Reportedly Ends PC Plans for First-Party Single-Player Games, PS5 Exclusivity Returns

PlayStation appears to be shifting its long-running approach to PC releases, with new reports suggesting that the company will no longer bring its first-party, narrative-driven single-player games to PC. The move marks a clear departure from the recent strategy where several major PlayStation exclusives were gradually released on PC after their console launches.

According to information reported from a company town hall, PlayStation studio business head Herman Hulst reportedly told staff that future single-player, story-focused titles will remain exclusive to PlayStation hardware. Multiplayer and live-service games, however, will continue to be released across multiple platforms, including PC.

SCOOP: PlayStation studio business CEO Hermen Hulst told staff in a town hall Monday morning that the company's narrative single-player games will now be PlayStation exclusive, confirming Bloomberg's reporting from earlier this year.Original story from March: www.bloomberg.com/news/article…

Jason Schreier (@jasonschreier.bsky.social) 2026-05-18T18:47:45.020Z

This development effectively signals the end of what many have called PlayStation’s PC expansion era for its biggest cinematic titles. Over the past few years, Sony has released a steady stream of first-party games on PC, including several of its most successful franchises. While early ports performed strongly, later releases are believed to have seen diminishing returns, which may have influenced the company’s revised strategy.

The list of PlayStation single-player titles that have already made their way to PC includes some of the most recognizable modern AAA releases:

  • God of War (2018)
  • God of War Ragnarök
  • Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
  • The Last of Us Part I
  • The Last of Us Part II Remastered
  • Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
  • Returnal
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Days Gone
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • LEGO Horizon Adventures
  • Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut

Despite this extensive catalog, the new direction suggests that upcoming major titles such as Ghost of Yotei, Saros, Marvel’s Wolverine, and Intergalactic: The Heretic Prophet may remain exclusive to PlayStation consoles.

The reasoning behind this reported shift appears to be tied to long-term platform value. By keeping flagship single-player experiences exclusive, PlayStation maintains a stronger incentive for players to invest in PS5 hardware rather than waiting for PC releases. At the same time, the company continues to support PC releases where they align with broader engagement strategies, particularly in multiplayer ecosystems.

This also reinforces a clear split in PlayStation’s publishing model going forward. Cinematic, story-driven games are being positioned as console-first experiences, while multiplayer titles will continue to expand across platforms.

For now, Sony has not officially issued a public confirmation of this policy change, but if accurate, it represents a significant pivot in how PlayStation handles one of its most valuable assets—its single-player franchises.

Jani Dushman
Jani Dushman

I'm Jani, a dedicated Tech Writer and Reviewer at Xiaomitoday. With a passion for exploring and dissecting the latest in technology, my mission is to bring you insightful and comprehensive reviews that empower your decision-making in the fast-evolving world of gadgets and tech.

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

      Leave a reply

      XiaomiToday
      Logo